Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Plan

My biggest concern about attempting quilts for my boys was that they are seven years apart.  I didn't want to have something that was too cute for Bailey, or something that was too grown up for Seth.  I also wanted to have something that the boys could use until they wear out.  I was inspired by Pottery Barn's patchwork quilts that they are currently selling, so I began looking for patchwork quilts.  The nine patch pattern seemed perfect, so I drew up a plan:


I like my drawing so much that I've been a little scared to see it all put together, but I think it looks awesome! 


 It's not sewn together, but I had to organize the squares and I wanted to see what the quilt would look like, so I laid it out.  The picture really doesn't do it justice.  I'll get a better one after I get them pieced together and can take it outside and get some better lighting. The yellow things are papers that help me to know where to put the square.

I'll probably stay up for a little tonight working on sewing the squares together.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

It looks great! I like that it's so masculine and looks cute and fun for a young boy, but they won't outgrown the pattern and fabric as they mature. It's absolutely appropriate for a teenager, too. I think that's a hard balance to find. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Screamin' Meme said...

I love it! Your awesome Arlynda.