Thursday, July 17, 2008

Quilts for kids

So, my first big project for are quilts for the kids. Lucy got a big girl bed about a month ago. Abby has been sharing a room with her brother who loves animals, she is a little starved for something pink. Bailey has always wanted a quilt with animals on it (currently he has one that is just bamboo print, I think it looks really good in his room, but alas he wants one with animals). And for me, I want to make a quilt for the baby that matches the animal stuff we already have in Bailey's room. Currently, I'm making drawings of what I want to do so I have plans. I'm not a very good artist, but it gives me a blue print. I'll post them as soon as I get them done. My goal is to get the baby's done by the time he is born, and the other three, I hope to get done by Christmas. It will be fun to decorate the kid's rooms over Christmas break. Don't you think?

2 comments:

Melanie said...

You are so ambitious! I can't believe you're tackling all of this with a baby coming! I can't wait to see the pictures and the quilts though. I'm sure they'll be beautiful.

Queen of the Castle said...

I need to have something to do while I'm suppose to be taking it easy. Trust me, they won't get worked on for a while after the baby comes.