Friday, July 11, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to my sewing blog. I know, what exactly does a chocolate river have to do with sewing? I chose this name for a couple of reasons. 1) I lived in the south for a few years, and now that I have left I find that I didn't realize it, but it was my home away from home. 2) I love chocolate, except right now because it gives me a major bout of heart burn, but in about 7 weeks, that will be taken care of (I'm expecting my fourth child). 3) Sewing seems to be becoming a lost art. It seems like everyone in my grandmother's generation could sew, mostly out of necessity. Now, it isn't a necessity anymore, but we are losing collective knowledge that I want to try and help preserve. I know, I use a lot of modern tools, but many of them were designed to save time, I'm pretty sure that I could do allright with a needle and a thread. Although, I would probably get bored before I got anything done (that is why I don't cross-stitch).
Besides, you have to admit that Old Chocolate Bayou, is a pretty cool name.
I hope you enjoy my sewing blog! And, I hope that you feel inspired to write about something that you are passionate about too.

No comments: