Friday, November 12, 2010

The Right Equipment

I got a new toy today! 

Just the black thing, not the sewing machine.  What does it do?  Well it helps me move my quilt around more easily so that I can machine quilt it faster. 

Jamie and I played around with it a little tonight and though we are pretty novice at using it, we did a lot of quilting in a very short amount of time.

It's not the best looking little quilt.  The cloth and batting was just stuff I had lying around.  The stitches in white show up a lot better, but there are some in black on the left.  The bananas are to give you a reference.  I'd say that we covered more than half of the area and did it in less than 15 minutes.  The stitches are much smoother and I could let the machine sew much faster than with just my machine.

Jamie's contribution.  I think he did really well.

A close up of the stitching.
I'm so excited.  Now, I just need to get those two quilts ready to start quilting, but I also need some sleep.  Slow steady progress is just the thing, right?

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Very cool! Sometimes I wish I had something like that for my sewing machine because gravity can be my enemy.