Friday, November 12, 2010

Elephants Never Forget

And I'm not an elephant.  I forgot to take some pictures of the details of Abby's quilt.  And, I forgot to write a post yesterday.

So, I'll make up for it today.  Here's the pictures of Abby's quilt:


And here are some close-ups of the stitches (and yes it was my first quilt done on a machine, so I'm really embarrassing myself here, don't look too close).

Clouds on the blue cloth above the flowers

Stripes stitching to help it look more like grass.
Tulip detail on the yellow and pink.  (I cheated and used my embroidery machine to do these.  I just used the same pattern that I used on the flowers but only the straight stitch parts.)
Just another layer to really personalize the quilt.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Do you need a special machine for that? I have trouble visualizing with my machine how to do that- all that fabric when doing stuff in the middle.

Queen of the Castle said...

No, I don't have a special machine. You can use your regular sewing machine. A lot of quilters do. I'll have to make a video, or find a video and post it.
All the cloth does cause problems, but there are techniques and hints for dealing with it.