Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Why Not Just Tie It?

One thing that really drew me into machine quilting is that you could add another dimension to ghe quilt when doing the actual quilting.  These two quilts are going to look exactly the same, until you get up close.  Then you'll notice that they are indeed as different as the boys they belong to. 

I spent today trying to finalize the pattern I'm going to quilt on the quilts.  (I'm sick so rest is very much at the top of the priority list right now which unfortunately is making me even farther behind.)

Seth's quilt is going to have something like this:


And for Bailey's I thought that we would just do connected stars, but then Jamie and I were talking about it and decided that it would be cool to do some planets with stars filling in the gaps.  We drew up a couple of planets to see what we could come up with.


This is probably the best one we got from our 15 minute sketching session.  Hopefully I can get Bailey's figured out tomorrow and get this quilt factory moving again.

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

So are those the patterns that the machine will make when stitching the quilt together? I'm not familiar with quilting.